When stuck on a task, add humor. Laughter brings a different way of looking at things. During one of my personal times, I found my life got way too serious. I forgot how to play. So with a smile, I made a loud declaration, “I am here to bring playfulness and joy!”
I thank God for the privilege of leading retreats, worships, prayers, and other spiritual activities. I am touched to be able to help people who were in emotional distress and brought them to happiness. It was time to apply some of those teachings to myself.
To add laughter throughout my day, I came up with the following:
1. Speaking to myself while imagining that I have a tennis ball in my mouth.
2. Attempting to intimidate myself by making scary faces in front of the mirror.
3. Acting as if the person in the mirror is a total stranger and introduce myself to him.
4. Then jumping with a loud voice to spook that man.
5. Naming my coffee cup, “Bubba,” and sing my special song to him every time I make coffee.
6. Trying to impress my toaster with high-voice singing and crazy dancing while waiting for my bread to finish.
7. Having a staring contest with my microwave.
8. Faking a weird laughter.
9. Acting as if someone is tickling me.
The list grows longer everyday but above is where I started. One of the fruits of the Spirit is joy and I want my harvest to be bountiful.
Who knows, maybe next year I write this same post with 200 more items on the list?
You want to add some? Let me know.
Readers: How about you? Do you have a particular thing you usually do to bring laughter to yourself when getting stuck on anything?
Bro Chan – Life Coach