I felt goosebumps. I wished it were the goosebumps of joy like what I had experienced many times in the past. But no, this was the goosebumps of fear. I felt the weight of the world was on me. I was lying down on my bed and little by little I felt I was losing [...]
The first few days after my son was gone to Indonesia were strange. I found myself waking up at 7.30 in the morning to get him ready for school. And at 2.57 pm, I automatically prepared myself to pick him up. I had to remind myself a few times that the routines we had developed [...]
I took my son to the airport. He was about to fly on his own. This wasn’t the first time. He did Portland-Los Angeles roundtrip three times in the past. The first time he did that trip when he was 9, I was so proud. I saw my little boy transformed little by little to [...]
One afternoon I went to my dry cleaner. I knew them for almost 3 years. This time it was a little different. I hadn’t visited them for almost a year. The owner is an older couple in their 60s. I know both of them well. They are from Laos. Whenever I see them, the lady [...]
This guest post is by Mel S.H. Living in Southeast Asia has given me the privilege to have servants. I’m actually embarrassed to say this. We have 1 cook, 1 maid, 2 nannies, 2 drivers, and a freelance gardener. There are 2 adults, 1 kid, 1 toddler, and a baby living in our house. Believe [...]
Fear is a survival mechanism ingrained in all of us. It has brought humankind a long way. Fear is a good thing when it comes to keeping us safe from lurking dangers. Whether the dangers are actually there, that’s a different story. That’s why in history, it is exactly the people who dared to push [...]
“The atoms comprising our bodies are literally made of stardust,” said astrophysicist Nel deGrasse Tyson, “so that when I look up at the night sky and I know that yes, we are part of this universe, we are in this universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the universe is [...]
To continue Mel’s thoughts on Keeping Peace in Your Mind, let’s bring up an excerpt from Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu – Bro Chan — Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt. Chase after money and security and your heart will never unclench. [...]
This guest post is by Mel S. H. I went to a seminar, hence the tips I’m about to share are a pay forward from Brahma Kumaris, a nonprofit Organization whose passion evolves around study of spirituality. First of all, if I were to ask you, “What do you think is the natural state of [...]
I am openBut I want to open moreJoy opens a man’s heart But thorns open his heart even more Pierce meThrough this pain I want to imbue loveBecause I am a conduit of loveI want to open more Let flood of love permeates the EarthBreak my heartSqueeze it again and againAnd let the scent of [...]
By AHRALLS payday loans
- Touched by a Gorgeous Angel October 25th, 2011
- Good Thoughts to Carry Through December 26th, 2011
- Playing with Myself is Good, Alleluia! October 15th, 2011
- Chaplin’s Let Us Free the World March 14th, 2012
- As I Held Her Hands February 7th, 2012
- Why I Dance June 7th, 2012
- Thank You Son for Being an Inspiration for Papa June 6th, 2012
- After My Son Gone I Had No Excuses June 5th, 2012
- My Son My Little Warrior June 4th, 2012
- Altering My Dress Pants – A Magic Moment May 23rd, 2012
- cyan: i just wanted to see how ur website was and then ...
- cyan: hey large me its me cyan and thanks for teaching m...
- Alwyn: thank you bro atas inspirasinyaa... made me think....
- Bro Chan: Amen my brother! Keep me and my family in your pra...
- Alwyn: Semangat terus Bro Chan... =) Terus menjadi inspi...